- Tom Holland and Zendaya joke about doing ‘Spider-Man’ stunts with their height differenceon December 4, 2021 at 3:37 pm
Tom Holland may play a big-time superhero, but it seems his co-star Zendaya is doing all the heavy lifting.
- Taylor Swift sends flowers to Don McLean after song breaks record held by ‘American Pie’on December 4, 2021 at 2:42 pm
Taylor Swift’s rerelease of her hit song “All Too Well” has broken the record for the longest song to take the top spot on the Billboard Hot 100 chart — and Swift has handled the win with grace.
- Benedict Cumberbatch’s toxic cowboy spurs ‘The Power of the Dog’ toward awards seasonon December 4, 2021 at 2:09 pm
“The Power of the Dog” by writer-director Jane Campion is a western filled with tension and menace in the form of curmudgeonly cowboy Phil Burbank, played by Benedict Cumberbatch.
- ‘Harlem’ dresses up yet another quartet for success from ‘Girls Trip’s’ writeron December 3, 2021 at 11:50 pm
On paper, there’s nothing particularly new about “Harlem,” which focuses on yet another quartet of 30-something women navigating life and love in the big city. But the execution of this Amazon series from “Girls Trip” writer Tracy Oliver lifts it above the norm, with plenty of laugh-out-loud moments — starting with “Get Out: The Musical” — to go with the soapier ones about relationships and careers.
- Alec Baldwin: ‘I would never point a gun at anyone and then pull the trigger, never’on December 3, 2021 at 11:30 pm
In an interview with ABC that aired Thursday, Alec Baldwin shed light on what happened in the moments prior to the fatal shooting on the set of the film “Rust” that claimed the life of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.
- Three 6 Mafia and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s ‘Verzuz’ battle turns physicalon December 3, 2021 at 4:34 pm
Three 6 Mafia and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony’s “Verzuz” battle turned real on Thursday night.
- 50 Cent apologizes for mocking Madonna’s photoson December 3, 2021 at 2:49 pm
50 Cent is sorry for poking fun at Madonna.
- TV OT: Joyful holiday viewing, plus Netflix celebrates … going to the movies?on December 3, 2021 at 1:43 pm
Oh, the weather outside is…pleasant, actually. But I live in Los Angeles. If you don’t: Bundle up. It’s time for TV OT.
- ‘West Side Story’ reimagines the original in Steven Spielberg’s vibrant showcase for its starson December 3, 2021 at 1:41 pm
The new “West Side Story” doesn’t entirely answer the most obvious question, which is why essentially remake a 60-year-old classic. Director Steven Spielberg nevertheless justifies the effort as a dazzling showcase for this generation’s talent, in a film whose ties to lyricist Stephen Sondheim, who died last month, adds to its emotional resonance.
- ‘Annie Live!’ worked a little too hard but mostly delivered a good-luck nighton December 3, 2021 at 4:31 am
After last year’s “Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch Musical” — a dual threat as both a critical disaster and a ratings flop — NBC returned to more fertile territory with its latest holiday presentation, “Annie Live!” Incorporating a live audience, the show more closely approximated the energy of a theatrical experience, with its main flaw stemming from trying too hard to please.
- Netflix developing a movie based on friendship that started from an accidental Thanksgiving inviteon December 3, 2021 at 3:01 am
A text about Thanksgiving dinner that was accidentally sent to a wrong number six years ago has sparked an enduring friendship. Now it’s inspiring a film.
- Suspect arrested in shooting death of Jacqueline Avanton December 2, 2021 at 9:33 pm
A man has been arrested in the shooting death of Jacqueline Avant, philanthropist and wife of music icon Clarence Avant.
- Amy Schneider is first trans contestant to qualify for ‘Jeopardy!’ Tournament of Championson December 2, 2021 at 7:38 pm
“Jeopardy!” champion Amy Schneider is making history as the first trans woman to qualify for the show’s Tournament of Champions.
- Sandra Bullock opens up about partner and parenting on ‘Red Table Talk’on December 2, 2021 at 6:22 pm
Sandra Bullock is pretty private and protective when it comes to her children, but she opened up on the new episode of “Red Table Talk.”
- ‘Single All the Way’ is a necessary queer fantasyon December 2, 2021 at 3:37 pm
A version of this story appeared in CNN’s Race Deconstructed newsletter. To get it in your inbox every week, sign up for free here.
- ‘Coming Out Colton’ tracks ‘The Bachelor’ alum Colton Underwood’s LGBTQ educationon December 2, 2021 at 2:52 pm
Much like Caitlyn Jenner’s coming-out education in “I Am Cait,” “The Bachelor” alum Colton Underwood approaches the process of telling the world who he is almost like an anthropologist in the six-part Netflix docuseries “Coming Out Colton.” It’s a carefully constructed showcase for someone who, like Jenner and her extended family, appears accustomed to life under the camera’s watchful eye.
- Slash on his new album, his relationship with Axl Rose and being a Halloween costumeon December 1, 2021 at 8:40 pm
Slash says the recording of his latest album was “quite an adventure” and “a memorable experience.”
- ‘Red Notice’ is now Netflix’s most watched movie of all timeon December 1, 2021 at 8:39 pm
Dwayne Johnson has reason to break out his Teremana and end 2021 with a toast.
- Bad Bunny and Olivia Rodrigo topped Spotify streams in 2021on December 1, 2021 at 6:44 pm
In what may come as no surprise, two names dominated this year in music streaming: Bad Bunny and Olivia Rodrigo.
- Ben Affleck is grateful for second chances, including Jennifer Lopezon December 1, 2021 at 5:59 pm
Ben Affleck is feeling grateful for the second chances he’s received in life, both professionally and in his love life.
- ‘Sex and the City’ releases first full trailer for new serieson December 1, 2021 at 4:28 pm
And just like that, they’re back!
- Keith Urban announces North American touron December 1, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Keith Urban is getting back on stage.
- See what’s streaming in Decemberon November 29, 2021 at 8:43 pm
- Kanye West leads tributes to Virgil Abloh with moving Sunday Service cover of Adele’s ‘Easy on Me’on November 29, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Kanye West honored his late friend, barrier-breaking designer Virgil Abloh, by dedicating the latest installment of his Sunday Service series to the cultural icon as tributes poured in from around the music and fashion world.
- With ”Encanto,’ Lin-Manuel Miranda isn’t throwing away his movie shoton November 24, 2021 at 3:02 pm
Lin-Manuel Miranda is not throwing his shots, and in 2021, the creator of “Hamilton” has been getting a whole lot of them.
- ‘House of Gucci’ doesn’t make the most out of its stylish accessorieson November 23, 2021 at 6:06 pm
“House of Gucci” takes a seemingly can’t-miss combination of talent and material and produces what feels like the knockoff version of a really grand drama. Lady Gaga and Adam Driver bring buzz to director Ridley Scott’s dive into the dysfunctional family behind the fashion empire, but in a movie that doesn’t rise to the level of delicious trash, winding up largely defined by its stylish accessories.
- ‘Hawkeye’ debuts as Marvel’s latest Disney+ showon November 23, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Marvel might have reached into its quiver once too often with “Hawkeye,” at least based on the first two episodes, which offer a slow start tilted more toward the character of Kate Bishop than the titular Clint Barton. Amusing in places, this holiday-themed series makes jokes about trick arrows, but it’s going to need a few more tricks up its sleeve.
- ‘Ghostbusters: Afterlife’ calls back to the original while adding a teenage twiston November 18, 2021 at 2:11 pm
In a directorial father-son baton pass from Ivan Reitman to Jason Reitman (“Up in the Air”), “Ghostbusters: Afterlife” is undeniably nostalgic and fairly sweet, while who-ya-gonna-calling directly back to the 1984 original. And yet with its focus on teenage heirs to that legacy, the movie simultaneously feels as much like the Disney Channel version of “Ghostbusters” as a long-delayed sequel.
- ‘The Sex Lives of College Girls’ enrolls another female quartet in a coming-of-age comedyon November 17, 2021 at 2:36 pm
HBO has a storied history with female quartets, from “Sex and the City” to “Girls.” Yet “The Sex Lives of College Girls” carves out its own niche with a distinct voice and plenty of very funny material, capturing four young women from diverse backgrounds thrown together as roommates while coming of age as first-year college students.
- ‘Succession’ doesn’t miss a beat as its Murdochian family feud continueson October 15, 2021 at 12:11 pm
Success hasn’t spoiled “Succession,” as the Emmy-winning drama returns with all its Shakespearean and Murdochian overtones intact, with a bruising father-son battle over its fictional media empire. Stripped of that, the HBO series remains enormously fun, filled with cringe-inducing moments and the kind of vicious insults that would make the writers of “Veep” blush.
- Air Force B-2s ‘attack targets’ to train for war in Pacific
- N.Y.C. Remembers 9/11 Amid a Pandemic