- See who won at the MTV VMAson September 16, 2021 at 11:26 pm
The 2021 MTV Video Music Awards will be presented Sunday.
- Shannen Doherty shares update on cancer battleon September 16, 2021 at 10:54 pm
Shannen Doherty says her stage 4 breast cancer diagnosis is “part of life at this point.”
- ‘The Eyes of Tammy Faye’ isn’t as good as Jessica Chastain’s performanceon September 16, 2021 at 6:27 pm
The stars outshine the movie in “The Eyes of Tammy Faye,” a dazzling showcase for Jessica Chastain and Andrew Garfield as Tammy Faye and Jim Bakker in a dutiful, somewhat disjointed chronicle of how the televangelists amassed great wealth before his disgraced fall. While it’s not a landslide vote, thanks to Chastain’s disappearing act, “The Eyes” have it.
- CBS changing ‘The Activist’ in response to backlashon September 16, 2021 at 4:24 pm
The original format of “The Activist” will be scrapped following pointed criticism of the CBS show that was echoed by one of the program’s own judges.
- The winner of ‘America’s Got Talent’ is …on September 16, 2021 at 2:52 pm
“America’s Got Talent” has crowned another winner.
- What Lil Nas X’s world means for hip-hop and queer Black menon September 16, 2021 at 2:48 pm
A version of this story appeared in CNN’s Race Deconstructed newsletter. To get it in your inbox every week, sign up for free here.
- Oprah Winfrey shares her concerns about where we are as a countryon September 16, 2021 at 2:28 pm
Oprah Winfrey discusses her concerns about the United States in an interview with wellness author Deepak Chopra.
- ‘Cry Macho’ is a weak addition to Clint Eastwood’s 50-year filmographyon September 16, 2021 at 2:03 pm
At 91, Clint Eastwood’s long career as a filmmaker and longer one as a star are far more interesting than “Cry Macho,” an understated, uneventful slog of a movie that feels like a misguided merger of “Gran Torino” and “Bronco Billy.” Blame many of the problems on a woefully weak script, but this largely two-character road movie never really gets out of park.
- Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga’s newest collaboration to debut this fallon September 16, 2021 at 2:02 pm
Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga have teamed up with ViacomCBS for a global cross-brand takeover that will include multiple projects across CBS, MTV and Paramount+.
- Kim Kardashian West saw your Met Gala memes of heron September 16, 2021 at 12:10 pm
Just because she couldn’t see super well out of that faceless mask doesn’t mean Kim Kardashian West didn’t notice people having some fun with her Met Gala look this year.
- Reba McEntire had to be rescued from a second-story window after stairs collapseon September 16, 2021 at 5:52 am
Country star Reba McEntire expressed gratitude Wednesday after she had to be rescued from a historic building in Atoka, Oklahoma, after the staircase collapsed.
- Octavia Spencer apologizes to Britney Spears and Sam Asghari for prenup jokeon September 15, 2021 at 10:16 pm
Octavia Spencer has privately apologized to Britney Spears following a joke she made after the singer announced her engagement to Sam Asghari.
- Fat Joe and Ja Rule face off in Verzuz battleon September 15, 2021 at 3:31 pm
It was the place to be Tuesday night.
- Late-night hosts join forces for first ever ‘Climate Night’on September 15, 2021 at 3:19 pm
Late night is stepping up for the planet.
- Billy Crudup and Hasan Minhaj talk Season 2 of ‘The Morning Show’on September 15, 2021 at 2:43 pm
It’s his first season of “The Morning Show,” but it sounds like Hasan Minhaj has been training for his role for quite some time.
- Norm Macdonald, comedian and ‘Saturday Night Live’ alum, dies at 61on September 15, 2021 at 1:42 pm
Norm Macdonald, a comic who was beloved as anchor of “Saturday Night Live’s” popular “Weekend Update” segments, died Tuesday, according to multiple reports, citing his manager.
- Wu-Tang’s RZA talks physical, emotional and spiritual evolutionon September 14, 2021 at 4:51 pm
On screen and off, the Wu-Tang Clan’s RZA is opening up about how his career has unfolded and how he’s evolved as a man.
- ‘Once Upon a Time in Queens’ looks back at the ’86 Mets and the New York of it allon September 14, 2021 at 4:47 pm
“Once Upon a Time in Queens” wants to do for baseball and the 1986 Mets what “The Last Dance” did for the NBA and the Chicago Bulls. Yet while it’s a great deal of fun, ESPN’s four-part “30 for 30” docuseries doesn’t quite scale those heights, offering a nostalgic trip back to that miraculous season but straining a bit to connect the team’s exploits to the New York of it all.
- Sam Asghari: Get to know Britney Spears’ fiancéon September 14, 2021 at 3:57 pm
When Sam Asghari needs sound advice, he goes to his sisters.
- Jeff Bridges says he was ‘close to the pearly gates’ while battling Covid during cancer treatmenton September 14, 2021 at 12:04 am
Jeff Bridges says his cancer is in remission, and he’s making progress in his fight against the long-term effects of Covid after a tough battle.
- ‘Succession’ finally has a return dateon September 13, 2021 at 5:30 pm
Fictional media’s First Family is back(stabbing).
- ‘Y: The Last Man’ envisions an apocalyptic world without (well, almost) maleson September 13, 2021 at 3:44 pm
Add “Y: The Last Man” to the long list of comics-turned-series since “The Walking Dead” became a smash hit that have yearned to emulate its post-apocalyptic appeal. Like most of the others, this beyond-grim drama falls short, at least initially, despite a strong cast headed by Diane Lane as the US’ new leader.
- Ed Sheeran took Taylor Swift to a pub and no one noticedon September 13, 2021 at 1:07 pm
Two Grammy-winning artists walk into a bar and … apparently they just drank.
- ‘Orange Is the New Black’ star Uzo Aduba reveals she got married last yearon September 13, 2021 at 10:09 am
Uzo Aduba, star of “Orange Is the New Black,” “In Treatment,” and “Mrs. America,” has announced that she married filmmaker Robert Sweeting last year.
- Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac bring raw intensity to a flawed ‘Scenes From a Marriage’on September 10, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Although loosely adapted from director Ingmar Bergman’s 1973 Swedish miniseries, “Scenes From a Marriage” bears a close resemblance in style and tone to “In Treatment,” another HBO series dreamt up by Israeli producer Hagai Levi, who presides over this. Claustrophobic and intense, the format provides a strong actor’s showcase for Jessica Chastain and Oscar Isaac but a less satisfying experience for viewers.
- ‘Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.’ has the right formula for a ‘Doogie Howser’ rebooton September 7, 2021 at 4:04 pm
If TV reboots are inevitable, the prescription for doing them well involves respecting the source material while bringing something new to it. That delicate procedure is successfully executed with “Doogie Kamealoha, M.D.,” a refreshed take on “Doogie Howser” made eminently watchable by the winning presence of “Andi Mack’s” Peyton Elizabeth Lee.
- Your favorite shows return with new episodes soonon September 1, 2021 at 8:35 pm
The fall TV season is almost here, so what better time to highlight some of television’s most-anticipated returns?
- See what’s streaming in Septemberon September 1, 2021 at 12:15 am
A look at some of the series and films streaming on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+, Hulu and more in September.
- ‘Impeachment: American Crime Story’ dissects the Clinton scandal with Monica Lewinsky’s inputon August 31, 2021 at 4:31 pm
The “American Crime Story” banner launched by O.J. Simpson’s trial is an odd one for FX’s “Impeachment,” an otherwise engrossing, undeniably juicy limited series that puts the women front and center in the Bill Clinton impeachment scandal. Sarah Paulson’s portrayal of Linda Tripp steals the show, but there’s no shortage of remarkable work in a production that deserves an Emmy for its prosthetic makeup alone.
- ‘Bob Ross’ paints a complex portrait of the artist’s life, and the battle that followed iton August 25, 2021 at 10:21 pm
Add the late PBS painter Bob Ross to the list of youthful memories with a darker side, at least in terms of the messy battle that followed his death. “Bob Ross: Happy Accidents, Betrayal & Greed” won’t ruin anyone’s childhood, but it does reflect the difficulty of remembering such personalities in pastel-hued colors, especially when green enters the picture.
- Air Force B-2s ‘attack targets’ to train for war in Pacific
- N.Y.C. Remembers 9/11 Amid a Pandemic