- The New Yorker Reaches Deal With Union To Avoid Strikeon June 17, 2021 at 1:37 am
The tentative agreement includes raises of 10% for most staffers. “These gains are the direct result of collective action,” the union said.
- Jeffrey Toobin Admits Masturbating On Zoom Was ‘Moronic And Indefensible’on June 10, 2021 at 8:58 pm
“Obviously, I wasn’t thinking very well or very much,” he told CNN’s Alisyn Camerota of the incident that led to his suspension from the network last fall.
- New Yorker Workers Hold Significant Leverage In Strike Threat: A Weekly Print Producton June 9, 2021 at 4:23 pm
Top editors could be forced to halt production of the million-circulation magazine in the event of a work stoppage, rather than try to put out scab issues.
- Columnist Fired For Tweeting Harry And Meghan Should’ve Named Baby ‘Georgina Floydina’on June 8, 2021 at 8:24 pm
Julie Burchill, who wrote for the Sunday Telegraph, posted the racist tweet about the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s newborn just after her birth was announced.
- Editor Of Top Medical Journal Resigns Over ‘Structural Racism’ Remarkson June 1, 2021 at 8:33 pm
Howard Bauchner is stepping down as editor-in-chief of the Journal of the American Medical Association.
- Fox News’ Juan Williams Announces He’s Leaving ‘The Five’on May 27, 2021 at 3:07 am
The liberal-leaning co-host announced at the end of the broadcast that it was his last day on the show but not at the network.
- Princess Diana Interview Will Never Air In Full ‘Ever Again,’ BBC Exec Sayson May 26, 2021 at 7:07 pm
The BBC director general made his latest remarks following the Dyson report and Prince William’s comments that the interview “should never be aired again.”
- AP Reviewing Social Media Policies After Firing Reporter For Tweetson May 24, 2021 at 11:04 pm
In a memo to staff members on Monday, the AP’s news leaders asked for volunteers to suggest changes to social media guidelines.
- Journalist Martin Bashir Apologizes To Prince William, Prince Harry For Diana Interview Ruseon May 24, 2021 at 11:00 am
The former BBC broadcaster insisted his scheming didn’t do anything to harm the princess.
- Reactionary OAN Slams ‘Left-Wing’ Fox And ‘Left-Leaning’ Newsmaxon May 24, 2021 at 12:30 am
How fringe can One America News go?
- AP Reporter Fired For Pro-Palestinian College Activism Says She’s A ‘Scapegoat’on May 22, 2021 at 8:27 pm
Emily Wilder was fired for social media posts she made in college expressing support for Palestinians.
- BBC Reporter Martin Bashir Used ‘Deceit’ To Get Princess Diana Interview, Report Findson May 20, 2021 at 2:34 pm
An investigation into how the journalist secured a shocking interview with the royal concluded that he acted unethically, and that the BBC helped cover it up.