- DirecTV Dumping OAN In Major Blow To Right-Wing News Operationon January 15, 2022 at 4:24 am
The decision follows a storm of criticism over OAN’s promotion of lies about a rigged presidential election, COVID misinformation and conspiracy theories.
- Major Media Outlets Can’t Stop Describing Police Violence As ‘Officer-Involved’ Incidentson January 13, 2022 at 10:45 am
Following the murder of George Floyd, The Associated Press issued guidance that reporters should not describe instances where police shot someone with neutral language. It didn’t work.
- Fact Checkers Say YouTube Lets Its Platform Be ‘Weaponized’ With Misinformationon January 13, 2022 at 12:46 am
More than 80 fact checking organizations call the platform “one of the major conduits of online disinformation and misinformation worldwide.”
- Tucker Carlson Claims White People Face COVID-19 Treatment Discriminationon January 11, 2022 at 11:44 pm
The Fox News host invoked a hypothetical Black man to stir up racist anger over coronavirus therapeutics, alleging “whites don’t qualify” for the drugs.
- Piers Morgan Vows His Media Return Will Be ‘Very Unpleasant Surprise’ For Meghan Markleon January 9, 2022 at 12:44 am
The conservative host who regularly criticized Markle was booted from “Good Morning Britain.” Now, he’s threatening more mistreatment.
- NPR Star Audie Cornish Says She’s Joining ‘The Great Resignation’on January 5, 2022 at 12:31 am
The “All Things Considered” host is leaving after nearly a decade on the radio show.
- Judge Upholds Ruling: New York Times Cannot Publish Project Veritas Memoson December 25, 2021 at 4:57 am
The judge upheld his earlier order preventing the Times from further publishing the memos, and also ruled that the newspaper must turn over physical copies of the documents and destroy electronic versions.