- Live Updates: Democrats Begin to Lay Groundwork for Unilateral Infrastructure Planby The New York Times on June 16, 2021 at 2:31 pm
Senator Chuck Schumer is readying a process called reconciliation, which wouldn’t require Republican support, in case a group of senators trying to negotiate a bipartisan deal fails to agree on a plan that satisfies Democrats.
- U.S. Tourists Could Soon Travel More Freely to Europeby The New York Times on June 16, 2021 at 2:31 pm
The E.U. is expected to recommend lifting the ban on travel for visitors from the U.S., even if they are not vaccinated. Here’s the latest on Covid-19.
- Where Inflation Stands as the Fed Meetsby The New York Times on June 16, 2021 at 2:31 pm
A jump in consumer prices is sure to come up at a news conference on Wednesday after the Federal Reserve’s meeting. Get the latest economic news.
- Why Life Without Parole Isn’t Making Us Any Saferby Robert Richardson, Sibil Fox Richardson and Freedom Richardson on June 16, 2021 at 2:03 pm
Excessive prison sentences waste taxpayers’ money and harm families.
- What Does It Mean to Be Crowned ‘Miss Juneteenth’?by Tariro Mzezewa on June 16, 2021 at 2:01 pm
For contestants, it’s a pageant, yes, but also a place to celebrate Black sisterhood and promote a deeper understanding of a complex holiday.
- Crop Tops for Summer 2021by Jessica Testa on June 16, 2021 at 1:56 pm
A new, lingerie-inspired take on the midriff for Hot Vax Summer.
- What is Juneteenth?by Derrick Bryson Taylor on June 16, 2021 at 1:53 pm
On June 19, 1865, enslaved African-Americans in Galveston, Texas, were told they were free. A century and a half later, people in cities and towns across the U.S. continue to celebrate the occasion.
- How to Have a Roaring 2020s (Without Wild Inflation)by Mike Konczal and J.W. Mason on June 16, 2021 at 1:49 pm
Manage the boom, don’t fight it.
- Biden and Putin Begin Talks at High-Stakes Summit in Genevaby The New York Times on June 16, 2021 at 1:45 pm
- G.M. to Boost Electric Vehicle Spending, Build Battery Plantsby Neal E. Boudette on June 16, 2021 at 1:45 pm
General Motors’ push to increase E.V. spending follows an announcement by Ford that it would start making an electric version of its F-150 pickup truck this year.
- He Kept Seeing Sparkly Dots on the Edge of His Vision. What Was It?by Lisa Sanders, M.D. on June 16, 2021 at 1:39 pm
A worrying smudge on a photo of his retina became an important clue.
- Mediators Push to Restore Cease-Fire in Gaza After Overnight Strikesby Patrick Kingsley and Adam Rasgon on June 16, 2021 at 1:25 pm
Foreign diplomats worked to calm tensions on Wednesday after the first armed exchange between Hamas and Israel since an 11-day air war in May.
- In Pictures: President Biden’s Trip to Europeon June 16, 2021 at 1:06 pm
The president is in Cornwall, England, to meet with other leaders of wealthy democracies.
- Reopening Day in Californiaby Jill Cowan on June 16, 2021 at 12:55 pm
Wednesday: At first, things didn’t seem so different. But as the day wore on, the changes were more palpable.
- Andrew Rannells: What I Learned on Cameo During Covidby Andrew Rannells on June 16, 2021 at 11:44 am
I taped personal messages to raise money for charity. I didn’t expect the requests to hit close to home. People wanted me to tell them, “You are OK.”
- Bill, Once a Tropical Storm, Is Expected to Weaken Furtherby Derrick Bryson Taylor on June 16, 2021 at 11:07 am
The weather system, the second named storm of the Atlantic hurricane season, was expected to dissipate on Wednesday.
- Vladimir Putin Has Nothing to Fear From Joe Bidenby Elena Chernenko on June 16, 2021 at 10:56 am
Russia’s president has nothing to fear from Joe Biden.
- What’s at Stake for the Mayoral Candidates in the Final Debateby Katie Glueck on June 16, 2021 at 10:49 am
The two-hour debate on Wednesday will be one of the last opportunities for the candidates to redefine the New York City mayor’s race.
- A Guide to Ranked-Choice Votingby David Leonhardt on June 16, 2021 at 10:30 am
The New York mayor’s race is the latest example of a ranked-choice election. We offer a strategic explainer.
- Why More American Women are Delaying Motherhood in their 20sby Sabrina Tavernise, Claire Cain Miller, Quoctrung Bui and Robert Gebeloff on June 16, 2021 at 10:21 am
The birthrate is falling for American women in their 20s, especially in places where the local economy is booming.
- Sign Up: ‘On Politics’by The New York Times on June 16, 2021 at 10:13 am
Your guide to the political news cycle, delivering clarity from the chaos.
- Paris Hilton reckons with her legacy — and so should we
- Covid-19 News: Live Updates